Everybody should have the opportunity to take a trailer with them on every adventure. The Burley Thru Axle is solution is a solution specifically designed for bikes equipped with a 12mm thru axle to allow a burley hitch and a Burley Trailer to be attached to your bike.
The Burley Thru Axle is Burley’s official adapter for bikes with a 12mm thru axle. Stock thru axles are not able to accommodate any sort of axle mounted hitch system. The Burley Thru Axle is a requirement for any axle mounted hitch system with a bike that has a 12mm thru axle. Burley Thru Axles have an external male threading on the end to accommodate the installation of a burley axle mounted hitch system.
- Diameter - 12mm
- Thread Pitch - 1.0mm
- Hub Spacing - 142-148mm
- Official Burley adapter for bikes with 12mm thru axles
- External male threading to accommodate the installation of our axle mounted hitch system
- Quick and easy one-time installation
- Carefully read the instructions provided, your Burley trailer manual and your bicycle manual.
- Carefully follow all the instructions included therein.
- Confirm that the towing bicycle is suitable for pulling trailers before use. Pulling a trailer with a bicycle that has not been approved by its manufacturer for towing can
- result in frame breakage or other material damage.
- Burley Thru Axle and Hitch must be installed to the appropriate bolting torque before use. Please consult your local bike shop if you do not have a properly calibrated torque wrench for installation.
- Burley Thru Axle is only to be used when using an attached trailer. Using a wider
- axle can increase the risk of impacting trail and road side objects. The manufacturer
- supplied axle must be used when a trailer is not in use.
Available sizes of the Thru Axle include:
- 12 x 1.0, 142-148mm
- 12 x 1.5, 142-148mm
- 12 x 1.75, 142-148mm
- 12 x 1.75, 197mm
- 12 x 1.5, 197mm